Monday, May 23, 2011

Meet KFC

Ah, we feel like a bunch of proud Mommas and Papas tonight: We hatched our first egg (ok the incubator really hatched it, but we helped ALOT!)

This morning, I came in and the incubator had an egg that looked like this:

A little hole with one HARD working chicken stuck inside of it
Remember how many times that chick has to peck to get out?
20,000 times!!!!!!


At the end of the day, I took the kids out for an extra recess since they sat for a double music period to get ready for the concert. I poked my head in across the hall and told Mrs. Schoenberger to bring her kids over and see the beak poking out of the egg. I also told her that if the kids were super quiet they would also hear the "peeping" noises

We came back inside from recess 10 mins later and the chick was hatched!
(with about 6 more really starting to crack so I bet they will be  hatched when I go back to school in the morning)


Now all of our eggs have our initials on and we named our eggs too 
(the names ranged from Fuzzball, Spike, Agent Isaac, Lily, George, etc...)
but sadly the egg was cracked and so without initials we don't know our first little chick's proper name

So, improvising meet the newest (and tiniest) member of our classroom:
KFC

Kindergarten's First Chick 




No comments:

Post a Comment