Thursday, December 1, 2011

I have some good news & some bad news

Well, like the title states and I said to the kids this morning "I have some good news and I have some bad news. I will tell you the bad news first so the good news will cheer you up!" (this is what my Mama always said to me and this is what I say to my daughter now)

Bad News:
Hunter Middaugh has left our room and gone to a new classroom unexpectedly :-( Yesterday his Dad came to pick him up without warning or notice and told us that their family is moving to St. Thomas. We will miss him GREATLY and hope that he meets lots of new friends at his new school and has a good time learning with his new teacher

Good News:
Today our University student Miss Miller got to be our teacher ALL DAY LONG! Her school assignment for this semester was to pretend to be Mrs. Eckenrode's "sub" for the whole day. Miss Miller was a little nervous & anxious, but as the day wore on it became crystal clear that she had nothing to be worried about. She did a FANTASTIC job!
Miss Miller will be with us for three more days (tomorrow, next Tues, and next Thurs) before she leaves for her winter break. She will be returning to our classroom in January where she will visit us each day and be our student teacher. We are very blessed to have her!

1 comment:

  1. that is cute! what a great experience for Mis Miller! Lily told me about Hunter, she'll miss him but she said, oh well he moved! LOL

    ReplyDelete