Tuesday, September 27, 2011

September in Review

First of all.....SHAME on me for not writing since Labor Day. Poor form, Mrs. Eckenrode. My excuse? At the end of every year I reflect back on the past 12 months and realize I never remember specifics of the
month of September! haha
  • Did I go back to school? - yes
  • Am I teaching kindergarten again? - yeppers
  • Maddy doing well in school? - overall, absolutely
  • Does my voice sound like a mouse? - you betcha (this one always baffles my hubby - "Really? I know why you lose your voice every year, but I still don't quite know why. You talk alot the other 11 months out of the year, yanno! LOL oh, but still not as much as I do when it comes to start off a year with a brand new bunch of kindergarten munchkins)
  • Are all my hazel chores & errands now shoved off to the weekend? - for the most part
Anyway, that was a bit of a tangent wasn't it? haha
This year I would like to sing praises to the month of September - I was quite apprehensive about starting the school year off with 25 kiddos, but they are really overall a great group of kids. Props to all of you the parents too! I have only been with them the past month, you did the prep work of the past 5 years for me :-) They have manners (a must in life), can write their names, use scissors, use nice touches (with their friends, myself, and materials/manipulatives around the classroom), are good friends already with the boys and girls in our class, and make good choices on a daily basis

In the month of September, we have
  1. begun exploring the math manipulatives ("toys" to the kids hehe) that we are going to need to become better math students throughout the year
  2. worked our way through the majority of the alphabet (one letter a day)
  3. started writing in our journals
  4. learned our friends' names and starting making awesome friendships
and so much more.......
Looking forward to October with the beginning of fall, more blog entries, and more learning :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment