Friday, August 26, 2011

Let me Introduce myself

Well it is the start of a new school year and I think introductions are in order for some of you who may not know me yet (or even some of you who do, this may be your chance to learn something new)

I am Tabitha Eckenrode a 28 year old mother and wife who teaches kindergarten 


This is my 2nd year at New Franklin Elementary (before I taught for 4 years at Marion Elementary)

I married my husband Dan 5 1/2 years ago on a perfect February afternoon

Our daughter, Madeline, (is not biologically related to me), but sometimes we raise children that are not from our genes but from our hearts <3 She is my pride and joy and I am beyond blessed to be her mother :-) She is 14 yrs old and going to be a freshman at SASHS this year!  She enjoys twirling her flag and being part of the SASHS band, our church youth group, and doing the typical 14 yr old girl stuff (hanging with friends, listening to her ipod, etc...)


We have two "furry children" in our home. Rocca is a 3 year old German shepherd and BayLeigh is our personal "village idiot" - a 2 year old chocolate Lab


I went to Shippensburg University twice. First go around, I received a Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education (with a minor in Reading). This past spring I graduated (after 3 years) with a Master's Degree in Curriculum & Instruction (with a concentration in Early Childhood)


I have known my whole life that I have wanted to make my mark on this world by becoming a teacher and God has blessed me by answering to that prayer.
getting on the bus for my first day of kindergarten 


Hobbies?
Scrapbooking, reading, watching movies, crafts, photography, and spending time with family & friends

Anything else you would like to know?
I am more than happy to share :-) 


No comments:

Post a Comment