Saturday, May 5, 2012

It's been awhile

Well I guess you can all tell that it has been a few weeks that Miss Miller has been done teaching: now I don't have all the free time to blog our classroom's events like a good, little diligent teacher ;-) haha
Things have been going fantastic though (aside from all our moping around missing Miss Miller!) We just started a new ELA (English Language Arts) unit where we are going to be discussing fact vs. opinion and learning how to write persuasive writing.
In math, we have begun learning how to master addition, which they are REALLY good at, and have just finished up a mini unit on shapes (2D and 3D)

I look at the last 4 weeks we have in front of us and while a small part of me cannot wait for summer vacation (you dont want me to lie, do you? haha), the bigger part of me just wishes that our time together would never end! (nobody minds if I just stay on and become their 1st grade teacher do you? hahahahaha)

We have many memory making opportunities left, though, and we will do what we do best: have the time of our lives!
  • our field trip to Renfrew on Monday, May 7th (did you see how much fun we had last year?)
  • 5 senses puppet show on Thursday May 10th
  • field day on Monday June 4th
  • kindergarten graduation on Friday June 8th

No comments:

Post a Comment