Sunday, April 1, 2012

Happy birth day chicks

Well I have been busy taking pictures/video all week long and I wanted to wait till I got them all before I posted about our exciting week with our chicks :-)
From the beginning, teaching the children about the life cycle through the viewpoint of hatching chicks has been such a wonderful and amazing experience
They began to crack and peck through the hard exterior shell Monday morning and we waiting patiently, hoping that one would be born before we left to go home Monday afternoon. Unfortunately, no luck :-( When we came back to school on Tuesday, we were definitely not disappointed! There were 5 chickies running around the incubator, ready to be placed in the box with the heat lamp to allow more room for the others to hatch



Did you know that with the help of my egg tooth, I pecked that shell 20,000 before I was born?

Throughout the day on Tuesday, we watched a lot of "Chick TV" (I hooked up the video camera to the tv, so while I focused the camcorder on the incubator or box of chicks, it would be projected onto the tv screen. The kids totally LOVED it) and 15 more chicks hatched








No comments:

Post a Comment