Friday, March 9, 2012

Tic-Tac-Toad

As I am sure your child has told you all about, here in kindergarten we LOVE Junie B. Jones and the many adventures she gets into while we read through her books. The last book we read was Junie B. Jones and the Yucky Blucky Fruitcake



In this specific book, Junie B. and her grandpa Frank Miller play "Tic-Tac-Toad" (in Junie's words of course) and she is trying to convince her bestest friend, that Grace, that she is the "bestest game winner" so they start playing "Tic-Tac-Toad" on the bus


"I GOT X's" I hollered.
"I GOT O's" she hollered.
"I GO FIRST!" I hollered.
"I GO SECOND!" she hollered.
Then me and her played Tic-Tac-Toad.
"TIC-TAC-TOAD! THREE IN A ROAD!" I yelled very fast. "SEE GRACE? SEE? I TOLD YA I'M THE BESTEST WINNER!"
That Grace looked at the paper.
"But your X's aren't in a row, Junie B.," she said.
I did a huffy breath at her.
"I know they are not in a row, Grace. That is why I made a curvy line to connect them."


The kids got an absolute kick out of Junie B. playing "tic-tac-toad" so I made them their own boards to play in the morning or during inside recess






No comments:

Post a Comment