Friday, January 20, 2012

I have a dream

All week our kindergarten class has been learning about Martin Luther King Jr.
  • We listened to a book called Young Martin Luther King, Jr. "I have a dream
  • We read a little paperbook during guided reading about Martin Luther (complete with circling words from our word wall and locating his name throughout the text)
  • We created portraits of Martin


  • We listened to another book entitled Happy Birthday Martin Luther King Jr
  • We watch a short video on his life and famous speech

    And we wrote a speech about our dreams are:
    (here is what a few of the kids wrote)
    Ezra: "My dream is that all trash is picked up."
    Gavin: "My dream is that I don't get bit by a shark."
    Kamden: "My dream is that I spend time with my mom and dad."
    Dakota: "Me and Luke are superheroes." 
    Adrianne: "I don't have to go to the doctor anymore." 
    Sophia: "I wish that Martin Luther King Jr. did not die." 
     Clara: "My dream is that everybody would love each other."

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Mrs. Eckenrode, for ALL that you do.
    Love the video and the children's work.

    ReplyDelete